The most expensive painting in the world
Rating of the most expensive paintings in the world - a regularly updated list of works of art sold at art auctions in the twentieth and twenty-first centuries.
Of course, to evaluate the market value of the world's masterpieces would be sacrilege, and the rating is based only on the results of the auction, so the most famous paintings of the world, owned by state museums, the list did not get.
One of the most legendary works of world art, painted by Leonardo da Vinci painting "Mona Lisa" in the Guinness Book of Records listed as insured on the highest total picture.
December 14, 1962, prior to the exhibition in the United States, insurance for the painting was valued at 100 million. Dollars. Louvre chose to spend money on protection rather than insurance. If we take into account inflation, the insurance to 670 million. Dollars corresponded in 2006.
The fact that this masterpiece has been recognized as the most expensive - is to be expected, but here are some other pictures, find themselves in the most expensive list, can surprise you.
So, the top 20 most expensive paintings.
1. Jackson Pollock - No. 5 (1948)
It sold for 140 million. Dollars in 2006
2. de Kooning - Woman III (1953)
It sold for 137.5 mln. USD in 2006
3. Klimt - Portrait Adele Bloch-Bauer I (1907)
It sold for 135 million. Dollars in 2006
4. Pablo Picasso - Boy with a Pipe (1905)
It sold for 104.1 mln. USD in 2004
5. Pablo Picasso - Dora Maar au Chat (1941)
It sold for 95.2 mln. USD in 2006
6. Gustav Klimt - Portrait of Adele Bloch-Bauer II (1912)
It sold for 87.9 mln. USD in 2006
7. Francis Bacon - Triptych (1976)
It sold for 86, $ 3 million. In 2008
8. Vincent van Gogh - Portrait of Dr. Gachet (1890)
It sold for 82.5 mln. USD in 1990
9. Claude Monet - Pond with water lilies (1919)
Sold for 80, 5 million. Dollars in 2008
10. Jasper Johns - False Start (1959)
It sold for 80 mln. USD in 2008
11. Pierre Auguste Renoir - Bal Moulin de la galette (1876)
It sold for 78.1 mln. USD in 1990
12. Peter Paul Rubens - Massacre of the Innocents (1609-1611)
It sold for 76.8 mln. USD in 2002
13. Mark Rothko - White Center (1950)
It sold for 72.8 mln. USD in 2007
14. Andy Warhol - Accident green machine (1963)
It sold for 71.7 mln. USD in 2007
15. Vincent van Gogh - Portrait of the artist without a beard (1889)
It sold for 71.5 mln. USD in 1998
16. Willem de Kooning - Police Gazette (1955)
It sold for 63.5 mln. USD in 2006
17. Paul Cezanne - Still Life with Jug and drapery (1893-1894)
It sold for 60.2 mln. USD in 1999
18. Malevich - Suprematic composition (1916)
It sold for 60 mln. USD in 2008
19. Vincent van Gogh - Wheatfield with cypresses (1916)
It sold for 57 mln. USD in 1993
20. Pablo Picasso - Woman with crossed arms (1901-1902)
It sold for 55 mln. USD in 2000