Dress code: types and rules. Description of the main types of address of code and practical advice on compliance with all the rules.
Notice of the dress code represents the condition of compliance with the prescribed standards in the wardrobe for an important event, which will meet a lot of people, friends and strangers. Comply with a code of dress and sustain the desired style - that is the task of every guest.
It's not hard. The main thing, break it down and study in detail the rule of each type of dress code.
Due to the image of aged people present themselves and others indicate their status. For beginners, this method of self-expression - an exciting activity, because it is necessary to consider the image of every detail to fit the occasion and the society in which will appear.
The word "dress code" makes us think of every guest "in the light", at least for a short time. Someone uncomfortable with the scope and limitations, and someone just does not want to be trapped, appearing in the form of a suitable enough. However, the festive occasions, the standard and detailed rules that must be followed, so do not be nervous. It is better to read this article.
A bit of history
Secular receptions appeared in the XIX century as a form of communication between the higher circles of society. In those days, formed the social fabric of their strict compliance with the rules.
Higher unit of society characterized by civility, good manners and education, so for each type of scheduled meetings and activities gradually formed the special rules of behavior and appearance, which are called "etiquette" and "dress code", which determined demeanor and dress in moderate and beneficent people.
Remarkable formal or informal methods nowadays organize on the occasion of the award, or marriage, or presentation premiere, opening up opportunities to establish contacts with the right people to discuss business ideas and deals.
To get to such an event can be by invitation or as attendants. These meetings, meetings or celebrations are conducted with a specific purpose and clearly defined rules. One of the most important rules - detailed compliance with the Code in clothes suitable for the event.
All about dress codes
Human communication is based on the speech and gestures. Many social relations based on the visual information exchange by means of appearance: using the clothes, accessories and colors in your image, you can transfer a huge amount of signals and messages to others.
In the history of social events and various meetings there was a great variety of standard rules of dress, fully corresponding to the case of the event. They are divided into formal and informal, each of which is supplemented by certain elements that are unique to the selected type of clothing, which hosts the event expect to see their guests. So, each visitor, having chosen a certain way to such events must be brought to the public, showing himself a worthy member of the society to which he belongs.
White Tie (also Ultra Formal)
In English it ultraformalny style rigidly limiting the scope of etiquette and formal style, which requires responsibility of the one who will appear at the event.
This dress code appeared in the middle of the XIX century, and since then has remained virtually unchanged. The opportunity to appear at an event in clothes that requires a real jewel, hiding a signal to society: "I am a decent member of society," "I'm financially independent and can afford the luxury aristocrat and restraint."
To this day, this code of dress is not only the most severe type with rigid rules of formation of the image, but also the most rich and solemn. Today, it is extremely rare: in the royal and ambassadorial receptions, balls, fairly large wedding events, as well as the most solemn presentation of awards.
Women this dress code provides:
- Appearing at an event in a long evening dress is not above the ankle, without any kind of cut-outs, open neckline and shoulders. If available in the selected outfit - it is better to cover their shawl or palatine.
- Under the dress is important to wear only socks, despite the fact that this item will not be visible. The old rules predefined by the women and men who worked out for decades, and the occasional gaffe in complying with them can spoil the impression of a man, especially a newcomer in the highest circles of society.
- For a more vivid and rich images, you can select the fur, if it fits the occasion and season.
- Wear only white gloves above the elbow and remove them only at the table. On modern techniques of this type are allowed black gloves, but they must always comply with long-sleeved dress.
- In no case do not wear cheap trinkets and jewelry. On this kind of events are welcome only diamonds, pearls and other precious stones. Moreover, only White Tie would be appropriate to decorate your hair style tiara (of course, is really precious).
- You can not wear a watch on the activities of this nature.
- All the necessary detail must fit into a small handbag, clutch, no larger than a woman's hand.
- Hair necessarily removed in her hair, opens the face and neck.
- Make-up should not be too bright, but noticeable.
The basic rules in the White Tie for men:
- The presence of a white shirt, its combination with a tie and jacket with three buttons of the same color. It should be remembered that at this level activities under the tailcoat black vest can be a signal to others that it is the waiter to be contacted for a drink or a food additive. Another point that must be met in "white tie" - be sure to fasten all the buttons on the jacket.
- Mandatory black coat (other colors are allowed) and pocket watches.
- encouraged to patent shoes and white gloves.
Since this type of dress code has remained virtually unchanged for two centuries, men are also ordered to wear a belt with all the military awards (if any), which today is increasingly rare.
Compliance with the rules of dress Black Tie dress code is not as strict as in the previous type, but also a lot of rules and reservations. This is the most common type of techniques among the highest circles of all countries in the world, but there are characteristics depending on the country. Being invited to the event in another country, you should familiarize yourself with its features of a dress code and etiquette.
Black Tie is used for events of a time after six in the evening, that is appropriate evening dress. It may be evening wedding, theater and closed movie premieres, receptions, Christmas parties, and many others.
The basic rules for women's clothing in the dress code:
- Women given the will to choose any long dresses, necklines and cleavage which remains at their discretion.
- The choice of colors is better to be moderate, avoiding bright prints.
- Footwear is recommended to select only closed on the heel. This rule is often violated today, especially in the warmer months.
- Decorations need not be precious, you can choose high-quality jewelry.
- Handbag should be compact, silk, suede and jacquard.
This is the dress code for men draws attention to such details in the clothes:
- Black tuxedo pants.
- A white shirt and black tie or a butterfly.
- Be sure varnished shoes, usually derby or oxfords.
Such parties begin the day, in the afternoon, and end about eight o'clock. Usually it is the presentation of the books or films, opening schools, corporate events, presentations, premieres, exhibitions and so on. Cocktail parties are not so solemn and official, as the Black Tie and White Tie, but still subject to certain rules.
Women's dress code cocktail events:
- You can wear a dress of any length, from mid-calf to 10 cm above the knee.
- The dress can be any color, which will emphasize the shape and mood of visitors.
- You can choose a trouser or skirt suits narrow silhouette.
- permissible open shoes, the best on a heel.
- The Code provides for the ability to use simple jewelry with natural semi-precious stones or jewelery tranquil quality.
- Some of these activities may stipulate the need for headgear. Without such a mark is an optional element.
What is envisaged for men at these parties:
- The classic black or dark suit.
- Black tie.
Semi formal dress code suitable for both office and for not too solemn evening event. It gives greater freedom in the choice of attire for both men and women. It is important to wear on dress code correspond to the case and theme events.
For the ladies:
- You can choose a cocktail or a light day dress, also suitable blouse calm colors with a skirt or trousers.
- It is better not to experiment with the length, choosing average, slightly above or below the knee.
- You do not need deep cuts and neck, appearance should be discreet enough to look respectable and elegant enough to emphasize the mood of the free event.
- Shoes may be without heels, ballet flats are allowed and any other neat shoes.
- Instead coat or tuxedo, you can choose a classic dark suit.
- soothing colors butterfly is replaced by a more vivid or on a tie.
Business Best Traditional and
Business dress code is a strict set of rules, as well as for the Black Tie events. Regulated by the Code in the clothing business meetings held in the framework of negotiations, conferences, presentations and other business meetings.
It is necessary to remember that this type of clothing must meet the business sentiment and provides costumes for both sexes.
Women are given the freedom to choose between the calm gray, beige and dark blue, and costume elements must belong to the set. In addition to costumes allowed dresses-cases with a jacket. All possible blouses must be simple, without a pattern, light-colored or white. The hair collected from a jewelry - neat earrings, ring and watch. Under skirt necessarily put on stockings, and shoes closed, a small heel (5 cm).
Men need to create an image based on the suit of dark or light colors reserved. From decorations required clock that will highlight the business mood.
This is a free casual, often emphasizing the business person's life, but expresses its sense of style. Such a dress code implies freedom in the choice of clothing, but also requires accuracy and taste. Casual divided into Business and Smart category. The first refers to a business meeting, focus, this style more are held by representatives of creative professions. In such a serious office dress code is installed on Friday, because after working hours employees are given the opportunity to go in the same clothes, which come in the office, at personal meetings. The second category refers to the free and elegant clothes for which no recommended jeans or leggings.
Stylists in casual style recommend men for the basic things to choose knitwear: sweaters, turtlenecks, polo or Cardinals. In the cold season under a jacket instead of a shirt you can wear a diver or a polo shirt and on, for example, the jumper with V-neck. Shoe number is still not as diverse. Should choose classic shoes, ankle boots, oxfords or loafers, depending on the season. Given greater freedom in the materials: possible shoes made of soft leather or suede. Women can choose blouses, knitted turtlenecks, jackets or cardigans. Color - quiet dark or light, and khaki. You can select pants, skirts, dresses to the knee. In any case is not recommended jeans. Shoes are best without a heel or court shoes.
Women's clothing store. Dress code
Having dealt with the types of restrictions in the form of clothes, it is worth paying attention to how to work with your wardrobe, so that was always what to wear for a particular occasion. Occupying a high position in the company or just visiting major events, should carefully examine each style. With practice produced a sense of style and action, as well as an understanding of when it is possible to waive the rules, and when it is best to keep each element (eg, the need to always wear stockings instead of pantyhose on the most solemn events).
Are there shops, a dress code for them - not just a word, and staffed by specialists to create images based on the rules of formation of wardrobe for a certain, well-established standards?
One of the high-quality brands, elegant, versatile outfits. You can dress from head to toe, and relatively inexpensive.
Residents of the regions rather than the capital, often believe that it is impossible to choose the level of event clothing, as in small towns little opportunity to do so. Clothing selection, appropriate dress code, Stavropol and any other regional centers will not be a problem, because the brand Mango quite widespread in Russia. Besides, now available online shopping.
British brand, which is considered one of the most popular and suitable for people for whom it is important to respect the dress code. Shops Karen Millen - it is place where you can wear for any occasion. In suits or sheath dress from this company, you can go to the office to work, and in the evening go to the theater, a reception, exhibition or presentation.
The most famous store in Moscow, which will pick up clothes, shoes and accessories for every occasion.
The clothes from Zara always comfortable, and the images selected in the stores of this brand will always be relevant and meet the dress code. In Moscow and other cities, the brand is very common, so Zara has always become a lifeline before suddenly organize celebrations.