Italian chef tries Belarusian pizza
Is what we call pizza and we have prepared the local pizzeria, a pizza? To find out, we ordered a dozen pizzas and asked eminent chefs from Italy, a professor of the Swiss Academy of Culinary Arts, three-time winner of the International Festival of pizza FantaPizza Ignazio Rosa to taste them and to express their views.
- In the world there is a new trend: the pizza - it is a complex food and pizza - is fast food, - complains Ignazio Rosa. - Traditional pizza first appeared in Naples. She came up with the man who baked bread. He also invented the first pizza "Marinara", in which there were tomatoes, oregano and garlic. In 1674 in Italy there was mozzarella cheese. It was then that he came up with a new pizza: tomato, mozzarella and basil - three ingredients in Italian flag colors. This pizza tasted Queen Margaret and King Federico II, she liked them. And it remained in history: the traditional Italian pizza is the name of the Queen.
- the original form of pizza - a circle - the Italians took from the Arabic cuisine. Underlying - pita bread, add the ingredients and come up with a completely different test preparation technology: live yeast, wheat flour, salt and water. The dough should be at pizza like bread: with same golden color and odor and, of course, with a border of 1, 5 centimeters wide.
- All I see - it is the raw dough. It is white in color. I am sure that the dough Add the sugar and butter. Pizza - it's not a cookie, this is the bread - the first thing the master said after looked at the pizza.
1. "Marinara" from "Il Patio"
- This pizza "Marinara" - but here it is only by one name.
- Pesto? - Surprised chef. - The ingredients should not fall on one another: cheese, squid, dried tomatoes, pesto, onion ... Shrimp is already dry, and combined with all the ingredients, the taste is lost. This pizza should feel sea fish, and then some sun-dried tomatoes. The dough is also not the way the ingredients. This pizza - improvisation.
2. "Ham with Mushrooms" from "Il Patio"
- Where mushrooms? I would like to see the mushrooms, not mush. And the ham must be whole pieces, but not look like minced.
- Pizza must stand and hold on while you take her hands. And it depends on the quality of the test - see for yourself what is the dough.
- This pizza is undercooked. Cheese glued several layers of ham, and as a result, in the middle of it is wet. There is - it is dangerous to health.
- And this "Margarita" is like a volcano of Vesuvius. Very dense layer of cheese, however, when it is brought to such a condition, the dough is fried in not. This pizza is too wet. Cheese should stretch, and no matter in what form, cold or hot. Pizza in the oven need to be put quickly and smoothly, and not half-heartedly and pushing. Therefore, we see that it is evenly roasted: then burnt, and then there's white. This raw dough - you can not have it.
4. "Diablo" from City Pizza
- This pizza has cooled down a bit longer, but look how much fat on it. And when it is hot, it will not be able to pick up - explains the chef. - The fat is shed, and salami - like dry chips. Mozzarella pieces, which should not be. Raw dough. It's pancakes! I do not even want to try it.
5. "Children vegetarian" from Pizza.by
- Olives - why cut it? If nature has created a beautiful product, then you can put the whole, - says the cook immediately.
- And I do not want to try. What parents give a child food? Children it is better not to show! There's even a raw leek. Olives, mushrooms - junk food, and even more so for a child. Children need broccoli, spinach, cauliflower well or conventional tomatoes, mozzarella and ham. This pizza could eat a grown man, if he is very hungry and he urgently needed to fill the stomach. And is vegetarian pizza? Olives - a berry. Mushrooms - a mushroom. Vegetables for me - it's paprika, zucchini, eggplant, tomatoes, carrots, celery, spinach, cauliflower beans, asparagus, artichokes.
6. "Four Cheese" from "Bosco"
- It is a yellow cheese, and it does not melt, so as to put the pieces. As a result, we have a block of cheese, under which the raw dough. This is not a gorgonzola or even Dorblu. It is evident that this Marble - the cheapest cheese. And it is not necessary here tomatoes.
- This pizza is fried in a dirty oven. There can not be burnt at all - it is a cancer. I can not try it. By ingredients for the pizza that only need-friendly cheeses: gorgonzola, camembert, Roquefort, Brie. Well, if you want a crust on top, then cheese.
7. "Calzone" from the "Bosco"
- Oh, the dough !? - Ignazio rejoices. - It is even crunchy. The smell of bread to eat. Fires also nothing, that's just a thick border.
- Pizza weighs a lot. This put a lot of fillings, because of this it is wet inside. Three layers of ham? Why so many? I understand that in Belarus love to eat, but we want to fill their stomachs or have quality food?
Ignazio interested in this pizza, it was even fun to try it.
- Mmm, there's not a paprika inside, even though it has absolutely no need. Yes! I say "yes," "Calzone". It is normal for the test, but a lot of ingredients. Mozzarella, ham, sour pickled mushrooms give a lot of moisture, so it's a bit raw inside.
8 and 9. "Margarita" and "4 seasons" of Buon Appetito
Ignazio long look at pizza and silent.
- These pizza ruin the whole image of the original Italian dishes. I do not know who prepared this pizza, but I would have dismissed it immediately. Where basil? Where beautiful mozzarella? Where fresh tomatoes? Dough - like ice on the street, I think, it was bought in a store.
- I do not see a single season - throws up his hands Ignazio. - Well, mushrooms are always available. Now, if put mushrooms, it would be better. The ingredients of the pizza must be changed four times a year, that is, what foods to eat in winter, spring, summer and fall, are and should be the mushrooms, vegetables, fish and meat. Shrimp, tomatoes, mushrooms - this is a year-round season.
11. "Hawaiian" from Presto Pizza
- This is the "Hawaiian".
- And what Hawaii has a history of pizza? - he is perplexed. - "The Mexican," "Cuban", "Hawaiian", "The Sicilian", "Soviet-style" ...
- In combination: tomatoes and pineapple - do not, ham and pineapple - more or less, pineapple, ham and chili - well, pineapple, ham, beans - is still possible, but it is closer to the "Mexican". This pizza can be fed to people from America, in Europe you would say: "Sami eat that." This pizza should be no fruit!
12 "pepperoni" from the "Garage"
- There are two kinds of "pepperoni": the European manner - with paprika - and the US - with salami, - says Ignazio.
- And this seems to be a mixture of Belarusian: here and salami and paprika, - says we are.
- And yet, and chili, - he smiles.
After tasting, the chef verdict.
- Well what can I say ... damn! Very thin dough, in which there are even sugar. Border should be 1 to 5 cm in width, and it is not. This dough roll out even hands, and, most likely, a rolling pin or a machine. The dough should rise evenly, and this happens when the dough is untwisted by hand. How did this get up, all the air from the roll the dough. Plus dough sticks. If "pepperoni" American - yes, if the European way - not, as is only to be grilled bell peppers.
13 "pizza with sausage and bean hunting" of eda.by
- What is it? I do not understand: green beans, sausages and bacon? Again mozzarella slices. No fresh tomatoes, and, most likely, is stir the tomato paste with water and smear the dough. This is not a pizza.
14. Alla diavola of "Calabria"
- Here is the pizza, in principle, done properly. But why so much paprika on top? It kills all the taste.
- Salami retain moisture and salt. But the pizza is more or less keeps its taste too personal.
15. "Four Cheese" from the "Tempo"
- What are the tomatoes? Why put seasoning? - Ignazio surprised and then answers his own question. - To hide the smell of stinky cheese? I want to feel the cheese rather than oregano. Pizza should be white with a delicate melted cheese, not with pieces of cheese. And, of course, the size of a pizza? Must be 32 centimeters, and here is how much? If my cook is a cooked, immediately would be fired.
- and it did not even fall. It's not cheese, and silicone.
16. "The Sicilian" from "Tempo"
- In this scary looking. This is not a "Sicilian". What chicken "Sicilian" !? - outraged Ignazio. - I have to Sicily, if I brought a pizza, I would have paid more 200 thousand and said, "Sam swallowed it, and I'll see to it.".
- For me, it's not pizza. 99, 99% - it's bad, and 0, 01% - try. Cooks need to learn. That is why, when a person tries to authentic Italian pizza, smelling ham, salami, cheese, he did not like. All this is the result of just such pizzas. I think that a woman at home do better than what we have seen and tasted today. Pizza dish can be called only if its cooked Italian chef and Italian products have been used for its preparation. In our case, neither one nor the other is not. I cook a pizza from the Belarusian flour, because I can not buy here Lithuanian or Italian. When I see a package that says "pizza Italian pizza" or "Pizza from Italy", it becomes annoying. I did not go to Italy and do not write "Belarusian potato pancakes" or "Belarusian potato". They use the image of my country and the dishes for your business and to make money. And it's a shame.
- Each pizza should have a good smell, look and taste. And you can use it with a good glass of beer or wine. All of these pizzas one defect - the dough. Why add sugar, milk, butter? Are they shortbread or puff pastry cook? The dough should be simple, - says Ignazio Rosa. - Of course, when a person is hungry and does not look at what eating - yes, please, you can fill the stomach, and a meal.
Ignazio said: It is better to save on the jersey, but not good food. After all, you can throw away jumper and buy a new one, and health - no.
At the end of the tasting Ignazio showed us should look like a real Italian pizza.