What is inside the storm
• How does a storm inside
It looks like the storm inside? These incredible pictures taken from the cockpit of the aircraft by the pilot, who was flying through the clouds.
1. The view from the cockpit.
2. Shooting at slow shutter speeds. From this angle the aircraft cabin looks like the cabin of the spacecraft.
3. Our Galaxy. Milky Way.
4. Over the lighted skyline. At slow shutter speeds, the crew looks blurry.
5. Northern Lights and clouds, lit from within by lightning.
6. The breathtaking view of the night sky.
7. The cabin of the aircraft. It looks alien.
8. Lightning illuminate the clouds from within. Unusual sight.
9. The incident on the luminous cloud.
10. The starry sky and clouds illuminated from the inside.
If the cloud there is an electric field which is sufficient to maintain the discharge, but not sufficient for its occurrence, the role of lightning initiator can perform a long metal wire or plane - especially if it is highly electrically charged. What happens if lightning strikes the plane? In fact, modern aircraft have adequate lightning protection. Usually lightning strikes the projecting parts of aircraft, such as wing tips and the nose. Later in these places can detect small fusion constructs. Current from lightning can reach 200 thousand amperes -. People can hear the sound, see light or flash in a window, but they do not feel anything.
Fact: Lightning hits plane at an average of once every two years. The most serious accident happened for this reason that in 1963, when because of lightning exploded in the air Boeing 707 now-defunct airline Pan American.
11. Inside a thunderstorm cloud. Lightning look like a crack on the glass.