Ten facts about Jamaica
• Ten facts about Jamaica
We offer you to discover the top ten facts about Jamaica, which you most likely did not know, and at the same time admire the views of the beautiful island and may select the direction for your next vacation.
1. Jamaica was the first British colony, which in 1688 began to work the postal service.
2. The representatives of Jamaica three times became the winner of the Miss World.
3. In Jamaica, most born in the world of twins, triplets and other twins.
4. The Manchester Golf Club in Jamaica, established in 1868 - the oldest in the Western Hemisphere.
5. The so-called "bird-doctor" (or red-billed streamertail) - Jamaica's national symbol - only lives in this Central American island.
6. The fastest man and woman on the planet - of course, the Jamaican runners.
7. Jamaica was the first tropical country to which the team participated in the Winter Olympics. The efforts of the Jamaican bobsleigh team were appreciated and even inspired the movie "Cool Runnings".
8. The flag of Jamaica - the only one in the world that does not use any one of the colors of the tricolor (white, blue and red). The colors of the Jamaican flag symbolize the motto: "There are difficulties, but the land is green and the sun is shining."
9. Port Royal in Jamaica used to be called "the most vicious city in the world."
10. Jamaica - the first country in the Western Hemisphere, where the railway was built in 1845. Even earlier than in the US.